Adagio.FM
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of Adagio.FM!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Follow Us

Search

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Introductions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA elyrinea
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 1610

elyrinea is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View elyrinea's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 7:53 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

How I found this station:
Browsing internet radio stations via Windows Media Player, being generally frustrated with the lack of stations that truly represent my musical taste, I stumbled upon Adagio FM. What an unexpected and amazing find!

What kind of Classical I like:

Just about the only thing I dislike is opera, though I can appreciate its form as an art. I tend to be drawn to music from the Baroque/Renaissance periods, but very intrigued as of late with Medieval music. My tastes tend to change with my mood, I like choral music, chant is very meditative/peaceful, in a happy mood I like something light and airy... get the picture? Smile

What instruments do I play?
Once upon a time I used to be able to play the flute. Generally speaking though, I am not musically talented Crying or Very sad

Any other interests?

Read my profile, it'll tell you all about me Smile If you want to know more, you can find me on Facebook, just make sure you message me that you're from Adagio FM!
Live life to the fullest. You have to color outside the lines once in a while if you want to make your life a masterpiece. Laugh some everyday, keep growing, keep dreaming, and keep following your heart. -- Albert Einstein
France masked_platypus VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

aw

Member#: 64

masked_platypus is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View masked_platypus's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 1:17 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome on the forums, lotrgirl and elyrinea! Smile
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 51

bpewien is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website bpewien's Favorites are Private
Skype Name
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:34 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Taken from here:

bpewien wrote:
As mentioned here I participated this years Film Music Workshop with Blake Neely & his assistant Nathan Blume in Klosterneuburg, Austria.

We all got to score a scene (some made the whole thing ^^) from the Austrian short Film "Lunch Break", I only had time to write, arrange and record the ending scene (we had 3 live instruments at our disposal: violin, violoncello & oboe - I also got to record the effects being created inside the piano), which was also presented (after a screening of the original film) at the Shortynale Festival in Klosterneuburg yesterday.

This is actually the first "real" score I recorded for a film, so I'm curious of what you think about it - but PLEASE make sure to watch the original film first Wink CLICK ME

Lunch Break - Ending Scene with new music (2011)

Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

bpewien is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website bpewien's Favorites are Private
Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:48 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Taken from here:

bpewien wrote:
It's been quite some time since I posted a piece of mine here.
This time it's an experimental electronic composition I created during a practicum at the Music University of Vienna, Austria under the supervision of Prof. Bruno Liberda.

N-IGMA ELECTRONICA (2007)

This is my only electronic composition so far and I've never done anything like that before or after that. Still it was a very special experience for me to try myself out in the vast and sheer endless fields of electronic composition. Even if you don't like electronic music (which I couldn't blame you for, I also have my problems with it from time to times), please give this piece a chance Smile

This piece is both meant as a riddle for the listener to find out what the original source of all these sounds they'll hear may be, but also as a meditation. You can close your eyes, let your imagination flow! You won't miss the solution in the end, don't worry! Wink

I'll try to upload some other recent pieces of mine (e.g. my 20-minute cantata "In Hora Mortis" for soprano, baritone, organ & ensemble from 2010 etc.) sometime soon. At least within this year. Mr. Green

Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

aw

Member#: 436

irincou is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View irincou's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:02 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting manipulation of sounds!! I will not reveal the source of it not to spoil it for others!
Sounded like percussion's sound which does not make it easy for me to meditate, but I can admit it is like a conversation done with a beginning a middle and an ending!
Thanks for sharing!
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Skype Name
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:26 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you liked it, irincou. As I've said this was a whole new experience for me as well and moves outside of my usual musical syntax. The percussion clicking sounds were meant as an allussion to wooden wind chimes morphing into the more machine like sound.

But isn't it amazing that you can make a normal, but still somehow beautiful major chord sound out of THIS? Very Happy
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

aw

irincou is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View irincou's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:33 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But isn't it amazing that you can make a normal, but still somehow beautiful major chord sound out of THIS?

That is the interesting part of this kind of music! It must be a thrill experimenting!
I admit I am not into electronic music that much... but my ear is trained enough
(I am not an expert) to discover sounds and phrases...
I must say I had a new experience with this piece of yours!
My 12 year daughter heard rain drops in a wooden bucket!
That must be the wooden wind chimes you mentioned!
I liked what she said... I thought maybe it interested you as well!
Wink Wink
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Skype Name
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:10 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

irincou wrote:
I liked what she said... I thought maybe it interested you as well! Wink Wink
Mhm, I like it too Very Happy
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 1466

Gert is offline View user's profile Send private message View Gert's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:57 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm one of the Old Ones from SST. I knew about AFM probably from whenever it was first advertised, listened now and again, but didn't get around to joining till relatively late.

Generally, the darker, more foreboding, minor-key, and complex a work, the better. Angry/full brass/lower strings/sinister organ are my favored components of a piece, but I like some variations of slow and ponderous. Not usually an opera fan, but I like angsty instrumental bits of it. There are always exceptions.

What instruments I play:

Started on cornet, got moved to baritone/euphonium, taught myself the basics of piano, percussion, saxophone, flute, and french horn. Attempted trombone and electric guitar in college, but things got too busy to devote enough quality time to the pursuit. I would love to learn cello or bassoon (but especially cello). Jack of many instruments, master of none?

Any other interests?
Yep. Haha.
Austria bpewien
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Skype Name
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:55 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Taken from here:
bpewien wrote:
Another little update: This time music I've done for a short Austrian film "Duell" back in summer 2008 - written, produced & directed by Tibor Gludovatz.
As I came into the project at a very late stage, I didn't have enough time (and lacking technical experience with programs like Logic etc.) to do all the music, background stuff etc. of it (the film's duration is about 12 minutes) and most of the music I've written ended up not being used. Nevertheless it was a fun experience and I have included the relevant cues (most of it being stuff for background music) in this video.

Music for short film "Duell" / used & unused tracks (2008)

*edit: Watch the original film on www.forcefield.at*

Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 1821

SilverRaindrops is offline View user's profile Send private message View SilverRaindrops's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:27 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Viola told me about it on SST Smile.

Since studying in the north of Germany I have developed a thing for Scandinavian composers. Apart from that, the closer to the romantic period the better. Smile

What instruments I play:

Started on the flute to get to the clarinet. Got hooked on the flute though and kept playing it alongside the clarinet. Love "exotic" flutes (like Irish, Indian or Japanese).

Any other interests?

Film scores Smile. BBC Series Wink. Books, books books. Cooking for friends. Cricket, Lacrosse & Go. Dancing Wink. Owls!!!
France masked_platypus VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

aw

Member#: 64

masked_platypus is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View masked_platypus's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:13 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome on this part of 24seven.fm, silver Smile
Lieutenant Commander

Skype Name
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Taken from here:

bpewien wrote:
As you may know, I again participated at the Hollywood Music Workshop 2012 in Klosterneuburg, Austria.
The workshop this year was led by Mr. Conrad Pope (one of the busiest orchestrators in Hollywood, frequent assistant to John Williams, Alexandre Desplat and many more).

Here's the first rough mix of my composed cue, a rescored track to a suspense/chase scene from the movie "Safe House" (starring Denzel Washington and Ryan Reynolds).
I conducted the recording session.

Safe House - Chase Scene (rescored), Hollywood Music Workshop Klosterneuburg 2012

Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

aw

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:41 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Bernhard congrats!! I really liked what you created! Very very interesting! Keep up your talented work!!
I started listening and could not stop the music until I heard the very ending "...chased me and captured my attention for sure" Wink
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Skype Name
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:04 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much, irincou Smile
Glad you liked it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Adagio.FM Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: