Adagio.FM
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of Adagio.FM!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Follow Us

Search

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Introductions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA metalheadbrewer
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 433

metalheadbrewer is offline View user's profile Send private message View metalheadbrewer's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all, I enjoy this music once in while at work. Though pretty much everyone I work with doesn't like it.
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

aw

Member#: 436

irincou is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View irincou's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:34 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to AFM metalheadbrewer... It is nice to know you are enjoying the music...
See you around!
Irincou
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 51

bpewien is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website bpewien's Favorites are Private
Skype Name
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:06 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Taken from here:
bpewien wrote:
Little Update
(I really need to make more videos Wink )

"Rückblick, Einsicht, Ausblick" ("Retrospect, Insight, Prospect") for Baritone Solo & Chamber Ensemble (2007)

It's an older piece of mine, but I personally consider this one of my best works. It even includes a little, very well hidden Jerry Goldsmith hommage. I am curious of what you think!
(I know the lyrics are in german, but I'm trying to find a good translation of the text...)
The first performance of this piece (which I've written in 2 weeks back in summer 2007) occured on October 6th, 2007 at the Vienna Concert House.

Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

aw

irincou is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View irincou's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:17 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

bpewien thanks for publishing your work!

I admired the balance between rhythmic freedom and the complex motives. I found the atmosphere of the music rather dark and soul searching. I felt like I was doomed while listening maybe that was the purpose of the composition!

Very good!
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

bpewien is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website bpewien's Favorites are Private
Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:03 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad you liked it.

You're right, the story in the poem I've used is about an artist who is reflecting his life, his achievements/failures, his impressions & challenges when he was painting, and his final realisation that the end is inevitable.
It is also important to know that the writer of this poem suffered on cancer and died shortly after the release of his last poetry book, so the text was very autobiographic.
(I'll add a rough translation as soon as I have enough time for it Wink)

So if you had a certain feeling of "being doomed", you were not that wrong about it.
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

aw

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:13 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that your composition... fulfilled a certain purpose!
I am curious about the lyrics now... can't wait!! Wink
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:33 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

bpewien wrote:
"Rückblick, Einsicht, Ausblick" ("Retrospect, Insight, Prospect") for Baritone Solo & Chamber Ensemble (2007)
I've added a rough english translation of the german lyrics I've been using for this piece in the video annotations. Of course it doesn't reach the same high level as the original, but I tried my best to submit the meaning of it.
I'm curious what you think now that you hopefully can understand it a little bit better. Wink
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

aw

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:17 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well bpewien I listened again trying to understand...
I was right about the gloomy mood! I am sure based on the lyrics about the soul searching intention of the poet.
Listening to the music without knowing the lyrics I felt more pessimistic about it.
After knowing the meaning (roughly as you said) I see there is hope beyond shadows of despair.
I noticed a lot of struggling in the dark of the night when we all come across our primitive instincts and fears.
These are thoughts I came up with while getting to really understand your specific work.
thanks again!!
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Member#: 1233

777rak is offline View user's profile Send private message View 777rak's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:30 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well really late intro haha

777rak

History major

Christian

found this place via the itunes classical music category

Interest reading history books, in particular Primary sources and books about the history of transportation
Philippines rogerob_23
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 1573

rogerob_23 is offline View user's profile Send private message View rogerob_23's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:08 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well hello... its my 3rd day here in AFM... hehe

How I found this station:
Because I am a fan of Tchaikovsky music... I liked his page on facebook... and found this site...

What kind of Classical I like:
Almost all, of course i like anything from Tchaikovsky. I am also fond of choral music. All eras of music is LOVE

What instruments do I play?:
Piano, flute, a little guitar and the HUMAN VOICE! (I am a member of my University Choir)

Any other interests?:
Reading about History of other countries, going out with friends are fun and I love TRAVELLING!
Cadet 4

Member#: 1233

777rak is offline View user's profile Send private message View 777rak's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

777rak wrote:
Well really late intro haha

777rak

History major

Christian

found this place via the itunes classical music category

Interest reading history books, in particular Primary sources and books about the history of transportation

I forgot to mention what kind of classical music I like

Medieval (ensembles, Gregorian Chant) Renaissance, and for orchestra mostly from the Classical period
Austria bpewien
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Taken from here
bpewien wrote:
Little update (finally got a better video & audio editing software, so hopefully I will make more videos in the next time Wink )

Episodes for violoncello & doublebass (2010)

It's one of my more experimental pieces, but I think there's still enough "traditional" sound in it at times Razz
I wrote it for a concert cycle at the Natural Historic Museum in Vienna, Austria - organised by a good colleague of mine, Akos Banlaky.
The unusual combination of 2 instruments which are very close to each others sound register was a very big challenge to me, so I tried to work around this "problem" by combining sounds that are not so common, especially on the doublebass.

I'm pretty sure there may be some sounds some of you haven't heard before in that context Wink

Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 124

Haino is offline View user's profile Send private message View Haino's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wink

Last edited by Haino on Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Austria bpewien
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Skype Name
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:15 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much, Haino.
I'm glad you liked it. Smile

Also I'm always fascinated how many different and sometimes equal responses & imaginations my music provides for others.
Thank you for your detailed and enlightening interpretation Very Happy
It's very motivating for a composer to know that people actually like what he's doing ^^
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 11

lotrgirl is offline View user's profile Send private message lotrgirl's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 10:25 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

So this "intro" is about...oh 3 years late!

How I found this station:
I know one of the co-founders of this station (Saffron), and I've been a member of another 24seven.fm station www.streamingsoundtracks.com for many years!

What kind of Classical I like:
I love all sorts of classical music. It depends on my mood. I'm not a huge opera fan. Although I did used to want to be an opera singer (ha, until I actually heard opera)!

What instruments do I play?:
Piano and flute.

Any other interests?:
Aside from listening to amazing music? I enjoy being outdoors, traveling, reading, playing flute in my community band!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Adagio.FM Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: