Adagio.FM
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of Adagio.FM!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Follow Us

Search

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Add: Concierto de Aranjuez by Joaquín Rodrigo

View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Linguinut
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 170

Linguinut is offline View user's profile Send private message Linguinut's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:21 pm   Post subject: Add: Concierto de Aranjuez by Joaquín Rodrigo Reply with quote

Amazon review:
Elegant Spanish ambience, November 23, 2001
By Enrique Torres "Rico" (San Diegotitlan, Califas)

It would be hard to find more beautiful music or better interpretations of Rodrigo's music than what is on this disc. Besides the "Concierto de Aranjuez" and "Fantasia para un gentilhombre," probably the most recognizeable Rodrigo songs, this disc features many more equally compelling Rodrigo numbers. Recorded in 1992 at Watford Town Hall in London ,the musicianship featured by Pepe Romero is stupendous and equal to other versions I own of Rodrigo's music. If you love Spanish guitar you will love this music that creates images of court life in old world Spain. His technical skill on classical Spanish guitar is only matched by his sensitivity to the gentle nuances of the music. His virtuosity is masterful and blends wonderfully with the SMTF, creating a heavenly marriage of sound. Sir Neville Mariner does a masterful job conducting the various horns and violins to soothe the soul. This is music to lift the spirit when it is a little down. When the whole world seems upside down and insane the beauty of Rodrio's music can create feelings of hope amidst the chaos. In a post 9/11 world it was the music of Rodrigo that helped me get back into music and on with life. Although the accompanying booklet is a treat, written in four languages and includes nice photographs of the participating artists, including Rodrigo, it is the music that makes this disc a valuable addition to one's collection. Technically the music is way beyond my understanding, although the booklet helps, I only know that I appreciate the sound and love it. I would dare say, if you buy it, you'll love it too. This is music that those not versed in any classical training or do not listen to regularly can appreciate for it's sheer beauty. You don't have to be a classical purist to enjoy this disc, so don't be shy, add this to your collection.
Austria bpewien
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 51

bpewien is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website bpewien's Favorites are Private
Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:15 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if you add a pole I'll say YES!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 33

weaponlordzero is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View weaponlordzero's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:33 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it too... needs a poll though like bpe said...
Though everything else may appear shallow and repulsive, even the smallest task in music is so absorbing, and carries us so far away from town, country, earth, and all worldly things, that it is truly a blessed gift of God.
-- Felix Mendelssohn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Adagio.FM Forum Index -> Added All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: