Adagio.FM
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of Adagio.FM!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Follow Us

Search

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Add: It's Christmas Again at Longwood Gardens

View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA BigBob
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 237

BigBob is offline View user's profile Send private message BigBob's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:02 am   Post subject: Add: It's Christmas Again at Longwood Gardens Reply with quote

http://www.amazon.com/Its-Christmas-Again-Longwood-Gardens/dp/B000003JTS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1222699648&sr=1-1

The above link will take you to an album named "It's Christmas Again at Longwood Gardens" which contains a piece by Felix Borowski called "Adaoration". I'd love to see you add it to your playlist.
USA weaponlordzero
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 33

weaponlordzero is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View weaponlordzero's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:01 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the Adagio forums BigBob!

I really wish there were sample links to listen too.

By the way, in the future, the best way to make a request is to use the means mentioned in the "Request Netiquette" thread. Here is a copy of that:

JERIC wrote:
When requesting an album to be included in Adagio's playlist please adhere to the netiquette listed below. The more time you save us, the better chance you have getting your request added to the playlist.

Mandatory
1. A link to a site that gives information about the album. Purchasing links are preferrred, especially Amazon.com. There may be multiple albums with the same name, let's literally get on the same page.

2. Be descriptive in your Subject.
For Example... Add: 10 Easy Pieces for Piano - Zbigniew Preisner

This helps identify the thread easier. It would be difficult to look through a bunch of topics that say "A Suggestion".

3. Make sure it isn't already in the playlist.

4. Include why you think it should be added to the playlist.

Optional (But Encouraged)
1. Form your post into a poll if you know how. We like to get a feeling for what everyone else thinks about your request too.

2. Links to Listen Samples. This way we can test it out first to see if it is apprpriate to add to the playlist. Samples must not exceed 30 seconds in duration.

3. Reviews. Gives your request more justification to be added to the playlist.

4. Include the album cover art. The prettier you make your request, the more attention it will get. It also makes it easier for us to identify the album when hunting it down to purchase it. Here is how to include album art:

Amazon.com Image+URL Source Code
The following code will give you the image and the URL to it at Amazon.com. Be sure to replace the ASIN twice within the code with the ASIN of the product you wish to post.

...amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00004LCAP/24fmll-20

...ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41JAVGHHP9L._AA240_.jpg

Code:
[url=http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000003JTS/24fmll-20][img]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41W00FPN0XL._SL500_AA240_.jpg[/img][/url]

will create this:

Though everything else may appear shallow and repulsive, even the smallest task in music is so absorbing, and carries us so far away from town, country, earth, and all worldly things, that it is truly a blessed gift of God.
-- Felix Mendelssohn
USA BigBob
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

BigBob is offline View user's profile Send private message BigBob's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Which Netiquette rules am I violating?
USA weaponlordzero
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

weaponlordzero is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View weaponlordzero's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:47 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not that you're "violating" the rules (that's a pretty harsh way of putting it). When you put the request together in the manner JERIC (who owns the stations btw) requests, it's more likely to be added because it has all of the information that he deems relevant to the album request. The post is designed to give the station owners/mods/and community the most educated idea of what the album is and why you believe it should be added to the playlist and allows them to vote on the addition as well (which can encourage the station to pick it up as well).

Not only that, but when you form the link with the "24fmll-20" code added to it, the station gets credit for the link to amazon.com whenever it's clicked. (further helping the station)

Again, the post is JERIC's suggested manner for requesting an album be added to the playlist. Of course, it's not a super stiff requirement to make a request, however, it gives your pick the best opportunity for being added to the playlist.

Simply put, I was making the suggestion to help you get your album the attention it deserves. Smile Sorry if I offended you. Smile
Though everything else may appear shallow and repulsive, even the smallest task in music is so absorbing, and carries us so far away from town, country, earth, and all worldly things, that it is truly a blessed gift of God.
-- Felix Mendelssohn
USA BigBob
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:01 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I had done everything right, but I guess it's the code thing that I don't understand. I just found the album I liked in Amazon and copied the link into my post. Should I be editing that link?
USA weaponlordzero
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:33 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

You can leave it like it is if you want, I was just trying to make a helpful suggestion. If you copy the code I put in my message into your first post, you'll get the clickable image I posted. That's what JERIC suggests. I didn't see any sample links so I'll leave them out but if you edit your first post, at the bottom you'll see some options to add a poll. You want to basically make your poll questions a "yes", a "no", and an "I don't care". Make sure you click "add question" after every question you write.

If you look at some of the other requests in the thread, you'll see this in action.

Hope I'm helping. Smile

Thanks!
-- Felix Mendelssohn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Adagio.FM Forum Index -> Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: